Pages

Tuesday 25 January 2011

I hate to repeat myself but the movie is great.....

Mask In Progress

Back View

Close-up

Front 3/4 View

Front View

Side View








I realise I've posted images of this mask already but I think you'll agree the quality of these images is ten thousand times better.  I also really like the movie and I think Guillermo del Toro is a great director with a wicked imagination so no harm to mention it again.

I don't have a lot of news but I do have a lot going on.  At the moment I am busy with my Graded Unit project for college.  Usually the units we study are graded simply a pass or fail but this one will have a proper grade which will go on my Diploma once I graduate - so quite important then.

For this project we have to produce a design proposal for a piece of abstract/semi-abstract sculpture that will be placed at the entrance to the New Transport Museum in Glasgow.  The building has just been finished and I believe it opens sometime soon in the spring.  It is a funky modern design by Zaha Hadid.  It's an interesting project and a definite challenge but at the moment in the thick of it, it's a bit of a brain melt.

I am currently producing a series of sketch models trying to find the right design for my final model.  Our design has to be based on the title 'Mans love affair with Transport'.  From that I have taken my interpretation of transport and my designs are now all exploring the concept of the transportation of the mind, as well as the body.  Once I've completed the project and done my presentation I'll post some images of the sketch models and the final piece.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is the best Pan's mask i've seen. great work! is it for sale?

blueredie said...

If you're interested let me know how to get in touch with you.