Pages

Thursday 13 October 2011

Relax and recharge....

Beautiful lake and mountain views at loch leven



Stones that looked like a Lion at our hotel


I tired to capture the sunlight before it disappered



Hi again.  So, obviously I still haven't quite got this blogging habit right yet.  Still at least this month I have some good pictures.  It has been a long time since my better half and I had a proper holiday, so we took the last weekend in September off and went to stay in Loch Leven a beautiful part of the Scottish countryside.

It was an amazing weekend and I heartily recommend the Scottish countryside as a good place to go when you really want to switch off and relax.  It was quite, the scenery fabulous, the people warm and the food and wine delicious!

The hotel we stayed in was small but everything you would want.  Cheery, friendly and efficient staff, clean rooms with pretty decor - the hotel actually had a great collection of paintings by different artists, and awesome views of the loch.  The second picture is actually an interesting pile of stones that viewed from one side looked like a pile of stones but viewed in the other direction looked exactly like a regal lion chilling catching some rays.

2 comments:

KiltedNinja said...

Indeed 'twas awsome :)

D0k said...

Pretty pictures of where you were staying there. I want one of those lion rocks for my Volcano lair... I might have to steal it!