Pages

Monday 7 February 2011

All aboard the rollercoaster














My week has been one big rollercoaster.  I have been barrelling along at top speed and there have been times when I have felt on top, like I'm really making progress, and then there have been times when I've felt low and thought that I'm not getting anywhere at all.  The best treatment for this type of ailment?  I haven't really discovered that yet.  The best I can do is to try to step back, stay calm and deal with things one at a time.

My head is full of tasks I need to complete, it is dizzying.  So this is task No.141 - Update my blog.  I came close to putting this off until tomorrow but I think that would be the start of a slow decline if I did.  There are 1,000 other things that would likely get in the way so let’s get to it.

These photos are from when I did the NQ course.  Our final project was to design and build a themed entrance for the HND 2 student’s end of year show.  Based on ideas that were presented to them the HND students chose an Iceberg theme for their entrance.  We spent several weeks building up an ice cave in the entrance way.  The sign was made up of cracks and fissures in the ice.  The whole entrance looked really (pun alert! - I do beg your pardon) cool and was finally finished two days before the show.

The day before the show it was all pulled down.  No that is not a typo it does say the day before.  The fire inspector came in and told our tutors it was too big a fire risk.  We had treated the materials with a flame retardant when we started but he just wasn't having it.  One of tutors that had led the project argued with him and told him we had treated our materials but to no avail.  It was a huge gut wrenching disappointment to do all that work and have it wrecked but I consoled myself with the fact that at least we had some good photos.  So I hope you enjoy.

No comments: